10 Strange Health Facts
If you’re into taking care of your body and mind with the goal of living longer then you’re not alone. We all want a long and healthy life to have more experiences. We are continuously looking for the next greatest thing to keep us young, fit and in the best shape. Our bodies are easily impacted by our lifestyle.
Here are a few strange health facts that could come in handy to keep your health goals in order:
- A person could die from lack of sleep sooner than they would from lack of food. Death would occur within a matter of weeks.
- The first bathroom stall is most likely the cleanest one in a public bathroom. Through analysis, it has been the stall that has a consistently lower amount of bacteria.
- Breaking a high fever could be done quickly by placing an ice-pack under your arm or near your groin. This will cool down the core of your body quickly.
- Antibacterial soaps do more harm than good because they help bacteria become stronger and more resistant to the germ killers.
- If you have a cut, pour honey on it. Honey contains antibacterial properties that will help to destroy any bacteria within the cut.
- Your fingernails grow faster than your toenails because of the amount of exposure time it gets. The fingernails also grow faster on the hand you use to write with.
- Everyone has a unique smell unless you’re a twin. Twins tend to have the same scent.
- Less than one-third of the human race has 20/20 vision. Therefore, 2 in every three people have difficulty seeing.
- Men burn fat more quickly in comparison to women by approximately 50 calories or more a day.
- Human hair can withstand water, cold, heat, climate change, decay and even certain chemicals and acids.