Ways to Treat a Headache
Fortunately, most tension headaches will go away with over-the-counter treatments. Visit your doctor prior to picking up the best prescription that best suits your symptoms.
Because most headaches are stress-induced, taking steps to reduce stress can help relieve headache pain and reduce the risk for future headaches. These include:
- Heat Therapy such as applying warm compresses or taking a warm shower
- Relaxation Excercise. Light exercise can aid the tension.
- Massage. Treat yourself to a spa day and enjoy a good massage.
- Meditation. This usually helps clears the mind and possible help soothe a headache.
- Neck stretching. You might have some tension so some neck stretches are helpful.