10 Unusual Traffic Laws & Where to find them
Everyone is familiar with the standard traffic laws, come to a complete stop at a red light, follow the speed limit yadda yadda, but you wouldn’t believe some of the more-dare we say, bonkers traffic laws that vary from state to state. Chances are you’re in the clear, as most of these laws seem so unlikely it’s not worth writing down… but just maybe you’re committing some weird unknown law who knows. Arm yourselves with knowledge drivers, here are 10 laws that you didn’t go over in drivers ed.
- It’s illegal to drive a car without a steering wheel. Well, there goes the future of self-driving cars, someone get Elon Musk on the phone.
- It’s against the law to sell cars on Sundays. The confused face you’re making, we’re all making it too. It is going to be pretty hard to drag all one hundred thousand car dealerships to court for this violation.
- Anyone over age 88 is forbidden to ride a motorcycle in Idaho Falls. It’s pretty hard to object to this law… unless someone is working on geriatric motorcycles we don’t know about, this law seems like the safe choice.
- You can’t honk someone else’s car horn. This law seems oddly specific. We’re sure you’re picturing violators in jail with hardened criminals, explaining that they’re in for horn honking.
- Unless you have a chaperone, it’s illegal to have sheep in your truck. Well, of course, you just never know with sheep, they may try to pull the wool over your eyes.
- It’s illegal to run out of gas in Youngstown, Ohio. Running out of gas is inconvenient, yes. Avoidable, sure; but illegal ?!
- Birds have the right of way on all highways. It’s 2018 when they said equal rights for all, they did mean all.
- It’s illegal for cab drivers to reach out and pull potential customers into their taxis. When was this law written, 2004? We all Uber now.
- It’s illegal to read a comic book while driving. It’s pretty safe to say reading ANY book while driving is a no go.
- It’s illegal to play in traffic. I think we’re all wondering what prompted the authorities to write this gem of a law.