Driving during traffic
411 PAIN – Driving during traffic
It is no secret that Florida is one of the worst states for traffic. This is especially true in South Florida, which is infamously known for its less than superb drivers. Combine traffic with bad drivers and what do you get…ACCIDENTS! That’s why 1-800-411-PAIN is there for you if you ever get into an accident or if you need more information about driving in Florida.
There are various things you can do to prevent being stuck in traffic, like leaving half an hour earlier or taking an alternative local route. If you cannot do these, here are a few tips on how to deal with traffic:
- Slow down – While driving, if you see the car before you breaking you should start breaking as well. The faster you drive the more difficult it is to slow down, so it is better to break slowly from a long distance rather than abruptly.
- Give yourself space – Keep at least a car’s distance between you and the vehicle ahead. This will allow you to break easily if the traffic suddenly stops.
- Be patient – It may be overwhelming to look at a long line of traffic, but try to relax because there is nothing you can do about it. Take a deep breath and meditate.
- Have a good playlist – Having upbeat music helps with mood even in a bad situation. Try to have a playlist in your iPod or a CD full of relaxing songs that will help you cope with traffic.
- Bring a pillow or a cushion – Try to make yourself as comfortable as possible for the long drive ahead. You do not want to be too comfortable because you do not want to fall asleep, but aim to be comfortable enough so that you do not get back pain after a long time in your vehicle.
The best advice for dealing with traffic is to try and avoid it, but if you do find yourself stuck in traffic try to follow the helpful tips above. Contact the Florida office of 411 PAIN for more tips and ways you can prevent becoming a victim of an accident. If you’re ever in an accident, after 911, call 411 PAIN at 1-800-411-PAIN.