Nutrition for Breakfast
A great day starts with breakfast.
Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helps you burn calories throughout the day, and gives you the energy needed to start your day. A healthy breakfast can be something as simple as a slice of whole-wheat toast with almond butter and a glass of 2% milk. Don’t use time as an excuse to skip out on the most important meal of the day, but instead make time for your first meal of the day, every single day.
Fruits & Vegetables
Starting your day with half a grapefruit or a green smoothie helps with weight loss (if that’s something you’re interested in), provides tons of vitamins and antioxidants, and hydrates your body after a good night’s rest. Some of the most popular fruits include bananas, berries, oranges, and apples while popular vegetables for breakfast are avocados, kale, and spinach.
The great thing about fruits and vegetables is that they can easily be added to the breakfast you eat already!
Here are some popular recipes:
Avocado Toast with an Egg on Top
- What’s not to love about the healthy fat and fiber avocado provides? And with a delicious sunny-side egg to top it all off!
- Spinach, mushroom, peppers, onions, tomatoes, the options are endless!
- Give your Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt a bit of sweetness with honey
- Add strawberries, granola, almonds, go nuts!
Veggie Fruit Smoothie
- Spinach, kale, carrots with a blend of apples, blueberries, and grapes will pretty much give you your entire intake of produce for the day.
Celebrate National Nutrition Month by eating nutritious meals every day, starting with a hearty, nutritious breakfast!